DCPS staff members should now submit requests for Travel Authorization/Reimbursement by clicking HERE (V 4.0). This process is required for out-of-county travel and should be submitted regardless of the need for expense reimbursement. For in-district or in-country travel (i.e., meetings at OPS), this process should not be used.
Follow all on-screen instructions carefully. All requests for travel must be submitted and approved in advance.
Click HERE for travel procedures and policies.
Click HERE to view high rate areas.
TOP 6 REMINDERS for TRAVEL
- Submit your ONLINE request at least ten (10) days prior to your trip.
- Meals are not reimbursable for same-day trips (only overnight trips), per DCPS Board Policy.
- Estimate the cost of your trip as close as you can.
- All approval and other correspondence will now occur via EMAIL. (Check clutter or junk folders, if necessary.) Do not delete any messages pertaining to your travel requests.
- Within one week of completing your travel, complete the REIMBURSEMENT SECTION of the form (email link will be sent to you as soon as CO staff processes your request, usually before your trip happens). KEEP/FLAG this reimbursement email link.
- Look for final PDF copy of your form to be returned to you (via email) upon completion of all steps of the process. KEEP a copy for your records.