SUGGESTIONS FOR PARENTS MOVING INTO THE DCPS DISTRICT
All pupils enrolling in the Daviess County Public Schools for the first time in primary or as a transfer student must have the following:
- Birth certificate - click HERE to order
- Social security card
- Up-to-date Kentucky immunization certificate. Contact child's physician, primary care provider, or the Green River District Health Department for an updated immunization certificate. NOTE: One new age-specific immunization requirement and one booster dose requirement effective for the school year beginning on or after July 1, 2018:
- 2-Dose Series of HepA (Age: 12 months through18 years)
- Quadrivalent meningococcal vaccine (MenACWY) booster dose (Age: 16 years)
- Completed Kentucky medical examination form (available at your doctor’s office) proving that the child has had a recent physical examination - click HERE for form
- Completed Kentucky eye exam - by optometrist/opthomologist for students ages 3-6 - click HERE for form
- Completed Kentucky dental screening/exam (forms available at your dentist's or doctor's office) for students ages 5 & 6 years old - click HERE for form
In addition to the requirements listed above, all pupils enrolling in the sixth grade (both those currently enrolled in Daviess County Schools AND students transferring into the system) must have:
- Completed sixth-grade medical examination form: 702 KAR 1:160 requires each child first entering a Kentucky public school or entering Grade 6 to present a Kentucky Preventative Health Care Examination Form. This exam may be completed up to one year prior to initial entry. Click HERE for form
- Up-to-date Kentucky immunization certificate which includes the booster - Tdap. (Tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis)
Parents of students transferring from another school system should:
1) Talk to the principal of the school the child is leaving; ask for all the child’s records that the school will allow the parent to take and deliver to the new school.
2) Ask the school to send all pertinent data to the school where your child will be enrolling, if known, or to:
Director of Student Services
Daviess County Public Schools
P.O. Box 21510
Owensboro, KY 42304-1510
3) Ask that all reports of individual diagnostic work or testing (if the child has had special testing) be sent to the Director of Special Education at the address above. By federal law, this requires written consent from the parent. This information will be valuable to the new school in placing the child.
1) Contact the principal of the school your child will attend. If you don’t know which school your child will attend, call the Director of Student Services at (270) 852-7000.
2) Register the child at the school. If possible, visit the school with your child so the child will feel more at ease on the first day of school.
3) If your child has been identified as disabled or has need of special help or special education, call the Director of Special Education, (270) 852-7000, as soon as possible.
NOTE: All high school and middle school principal’s offices, the Information Office and the Office of Student Services are open during the summer. Elementary school principals’ offices will be open in mid-July.